Search:
Brandon's Adventures
Click Here

Sunday, May 24, 2009

First Reaction to Strained (Puréed) Meats

Over the weekend, we went out to buy some more Heinz jarred baby food since we were running out. I had a deal at Save-on-Foods with the coupon. I haven't previously bought puréed fruits so I stocked up a few.

Brandon just turned 8-months old and he was old enough to try meats and strained foods. I bought 2 jars of the Heinz Strained Chicken with Broth. We offered to him during dinner and the first reaction was that he dislikes it. He frowned and hurled. Oh, poor baby! We switched the other dish of rice cereal and he was ok with it. Then we mixed the strained chicken with a bit of rice cereal. Again, he made a face. We didn't want to force him and had to throw out the leftovers since it can only be stored in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. We'll try mixing with fruits another time and see how he takes it.

Bookmark and Share

1 comments:

Jennie Yuen said...

OK, update: I've tried mixing some of the strained chicken meat with the peach purée. Again, he still had this look on his face like he find it yucky. So mixing with the sweet, fruity stuff didn't help. The texture may be still a bit grainy for his taste. I've tried it myself and I don't think I would want to eat it either.

I would not buy this product again.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Shop Step2.com